New Here?

New To Our Blog? Start Reading Here!

Monday, April 14, 2014

Week 9: Abs of Strudel

Week 9 y'all!  Lil Bit is an inch long — about the size of a grape — and weighs just a fraction of an ounce. His (or her) essential body parts are accounted for and the heart is dividing into four chambers, and the valves start to form.  The baby's organs, muscles, and nerves are kicking into gear. The external sex organs are there
but won't be distinguishable as male or female for another few weeks. She (or he!) has tiny earlobes, and her mouth, nose, and nostrils are more distinct. Now that the baby's basic physiology is in place, it is poised for rapid weight gain.


As for me, my abdominal area feels like I just did an abs of steel workout (didn't do it) and, occasionally, like my inner female parts are being stretched like taffy.  This is extra great when I'm trying to sleep.  So adding the sleep deprivation to the daily sleepies I already had leaves me unable to form complete sentences.  Another thing about the abs:  A lot of women who are small in stature can see baby bumps progressing by this point.  Having the "equator" that I have makes the bump less obvious, but... this is what this blog is for right?  So here we go:
heavy women bump, baby bumpmtv awards, best shirtless, zac effron

Nausea is still kickin' and food/smell aversions are much more prominent.  Why is it broccoli that smells like rotten garbage to me and cheese is still delicious?  Just cruel.  Don't worry- Meg is helping me "make good decisions" as far is food is concerned, but she also knows when to back the hell up and let me have a craving.


parks and rec

I've also become a little addicted to pregnancy apps.  I may have a couple that I check every day- they mostly give similar info, but some show you visuals aids and, let's face it, why read when someone can read to you?

Baby Bump: This one is good for weekly video updates and some educational videos.  It also has a thriving community so when you think something is a little too crazy to share with your partner you can post it there.
Pregnancy ++: This one is also great for info and daily updates.  You can also see week by week digital imaging of what the baby may look like.  It uses a graphic design version, a contributed 2d scan and a contributed 3d scan (which scares the crap out of me because it looks like a gecko).

My Baby Beat: This is a new one.  Using the mic of your iPhone you can perform a pseudo Doppler audio ultrasound.  Our Baby's Heartbeat At Week 9








We continue the wait until our next sonogram (May 5)- MARGARITAS FOR ALL (except me)... In the meantime...there's a mug of cookies and cream ice cream calling my name.

No comments:

Post a Comment