New Here?

New To Our Blog? Start Reading Here!

Friday, September 13, 2013

After a Challenging Day of Cat Care, Meg Had 2 Drinks & Decided to Go to CVS Without a Bra On

Post by Meg (with gif interpretation by Kate)

What are you usually doing at 8:45pm on a rainy Thursday night?

friends, david schmimmerfriends, david schwimmer, rossfriends, monica, rachel

If you’re anything like me, you‘d be walking to CVS in your pajamas after a stressful day (and a gin and tonic) to buy ovulation predictor kits (OPKs) for your wife. Wait…that’s not what most people do on Thursday nights?
rhetta, donna meagle, you can get it

So anyway, I walk into CVS and scan the aisle signs until I see “family planning.” That seems to be a natural place for OPKs to live, right? I walk by baby formula, baby thermometers, baby bottles and baby powder. Hmm…if you already have the baby, aren’t you kind of done with family planning?

miley cyrus, wrecking ball, indiana jones
It's a stretch to make this apply to scouring the aisles of CVS, but I (Kate) felt it needed to be on our site.
I come to the end of the aisle where I assume they must hide away the OPKs and right under the
cvs
“family planning” sign is, drum roll please…condoms. Now, I know I’m hardly an expert on condoms, but I at least understand that people use condoms when they’re planning NOT to have a family. The sign should actually read “Family Prevention.”
Kate's interpretation of what she thought Meg wanted to do to whomever designed the CVS layout.
In the end, I found the OPKs (which, by the way, are outrageously expensive), in the “Feminine care” aisle next to pregnancy tests, basal body thermometers and prenatal vitamins. Not that any of those things would be useful for family planning….

simpsonsparks and rec, ron swanson

No comments:

Post a Comment