New Here?

New To Our Blog? Start Reading Here!

Friday, September 26, 2014

Week 32: It's a Big Damn Deal

So here we are at week 32 (almost 33!).  Why is that so important you ask?  Well if you look at my Google search history- please don't, it'll just be awkward for both of us- you'll see I asked that same question.  Everyone has been telling me to make it to 32 weeks and you're in a "safe zone".
Counting down to 32 weeks
The morning of hitting 32 weeks I expected *something*, which is crazy I know, but really what does 32 weeks means?

1. It means that, if BGC should be born today, she would have 95% of survival with all organs developed, she just needs to store up some fat.  I'm happy to donate.
2. Surfactant has formed in the lungs- this is a substance that lines the inside of the lungs to help them not stick to each other when they expand and contract to breathe outside of the womb. #science



She is also gaining 1/2lb a week so she's, most likely, approaching 5lbs.  Also measuring between 17-19 inches long she is running out of room in the womb <heh.  But that hasn't stopped BGC from doing this at 3am>>>>

She is quite the mover and, don't get me wrong, I'd rather have her move than not, but I have noticed it is slowing down and is now more rolling and arching.  It kind of looks like a bowling ball moving under a sheet.  That's best I've got as Meg gets grossed out when she looks at it.  But don't worry- she still does it frequently between 2-5am.

I am also now having trouble bending over even the slightest.  Drying my legs after a shower is basically me waving a towel at them like sending smoke signals.  Sitting up to eat is rough as the more you eat and drink the less good it feels to bend in anyway so you end up getting whatever food you can get.
We are now at the point we will be seeing our midwife weekly until BGC is born.  They also informed us that starting at 36 weeks we will have weekly ultrasounds so they can perform BPPs (Biophysical Profile).  This is something that isn't typical for most pregnancies- it is because I'm a larger woman and *sometimes* that can cause complications and my doctors don't foresee anything, but it'll be reassuring to see her every week!  Only a couple more weeks left!

With that we're gonna leave you with a bad joke until our next post...

Two cows are standing next to each other in a field.  Daisy says to Dolly, "I was artificially inseminated this morning."  "I don't believe you," says Dolly.  "It's true!  No Bull!" exclaims Daisy.
Pregnancy. Period.

No comments:

Post a Comment