New Here?

New To Our Blog? Start Reading Here!

Monday, September 15, 2014

31 Weeks: Chillin' Out Maxin' Relaxin' All Cool

My transition into the home stretch of being pregnant

So here we are at 31 weeks.  I'm gonna be honest.  As soon as I hit 30 weeks everything started to hurt.  I woke up one night and it felt like someone was stabbing me in the ribs and, as it turns out, somebody is! Then I went to stand up one day and I thought I had just jumped on the banana seat of my bike wrong.  After some googling (DEVIL!) and chats/visit with my OB, prognosis: No UTI (most common thing to happen to women during pregnancy), the rib pain was due to my uterus growing/BGC pushing and kicking which is causing inflammation to my rib
What you think relaxin should feel like
v. what it makes you feel like


cartilage and the "I just went on a 20 mile bike ride down a gravel hill" feeling was due to the pressure of the baby (she's head down) and the hormone relaxin.  Sounds like it should be magical right?  No.  Relaxin is a hormone that helps certain parts of your body to grow and stretch in preparation for labor.  I'll leave it at that.

We had an ultrasound this morning and BGC is measuring in the 56% percentile and a couple of days ahead!
  She weighs 4lbs 1oz and likes to throw her weight around- which is a good thing. 

They also performed a BPP, or, Biophyiscal Profile.  It measures the health of the baby through body movements, muscle tone (flexing the arms and legs), breathing movements (the baby's ability to move her chest muscles and diaphragm), and the amount of amniotic fluid surrounding her.  BGC got an 8 out of 8! #harvardmaterial 

We have our next, and (probably) final, ultrasound is in a month.

We saw also saw our favorite person, Nurse Judy, today!  I've lost 4lbs (don't hate me) and all mom vitals are good!  If you remember from a previous post, our doctor options were thinning as our top 2 were leaving the practice.  After our birthing class and some long talks with new friends we have decided to change to a midwife!  More on that later.

How Ya' Feelin' Kate Corner

I want our baby to be born in the best possible time for her health, but I'm gonna be honest.  I'm ready.  I would like to not have a rotating wardrobe of 4 outfits because even maternity shirts aren't long enough for my torso of fury.

I want a deli sandwich.  I want an adult beverage.  And I want to see this little nugget who performs excerpts from the musical triumph "Stomp" nightly.  I will say though that when she is born I will miss the excuse to eat anything I feel a craving for.  I'm also very hormonal and have been prone to random acts of maternal feelings as well as toddler-like meltdowns.  So, sorry to everyone I encounter!





Up Next: BABY GIRL CURTIS NURSERY COMPLETION!

No comments:

Post a Comment