New Here?

New To Our Blog? Start Reading Here!

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Why We Choose To Blog

Meg's Perspective:
Are you wondering why we chose to share the details of this otherwise personal process with, well, basically anyone with a computer and internet access (or mooching off of internet access)
For more please visit my tumblr:
http://idtapintothat.tumblr.com/ (end shameless plug)
?

I’ll admit, as the pragmatic half of this duo, I questioned how wise it was to embark on this blogging adventure. In the end though, I think it will be a cathartic process for us, an easy way to keep our friends/family up to date on the process, and perhaps most importantly- a resource for other couples who will take this journey after us.

When we started thinking about making a family, we had many, many questions and since this is 2013, we naturally turned to the interwebs for answers. Considering it’s 2013, it was harder to find blogs with personal accounts of the two-mom insemination process than I would have thought. There are a fair number of blogs about heterosexual women experiencing infertility, which is at the same time similar and completely different from what we’re about to do. So I agreed to let Kate blog about all this...and as it turns out, I’m even blogging myself.


Here are some other lesbian mom-to-be blogs we’ve found entertaining and educational:
http://areyoumymoms.wordpress.com
snl, kristin wiig, target lady



Kate’ perspective:
I agree with Meg that there isn't enough lesbian perspective out there, in a mom-to-be way.  I also think the bog makes it easier to keep friends and family informed of how things are going.  There are going to be some topics that are easier to blog/talk about than others, but I think it's the best way to tell everyone the full story.  I think most people are used to just hearing me tell long-winded stories and I can vouch that I probably forget 42% of everything that happened, locations sometimes change and somehow Tina Fey
tina fey, 30 rock, oprah
becomes a part of the discussion.  Nothing wrong with that, but Meg's POV usually helps to clear those up so.... voila.  Also, Tina Fey stays in. Always.



wicked, kristen chenoweth, idina menzelThere are so many things we want to know.  Others who have gone through the process.  What were all the steps like?  How did you know which donor to choose?  How do you tell people?  How do you tell the child?  What should we tell the child to call us?  What if my child comes out and doesn't like showtunes? These things matter, people!


1 comment:

  1. Meg! Saw this on fbook today and I am really enjoying reading through yours and your wife's story. Sending you lots of good energy!! And in the how to tell the child piece. My mom only shared this w me a few years ago but it thought it was really beautiful. On recommendation from a social worker involved in the adoption process she practiced telling me my adoption story while she changed my diaper when I was a baby. I don't remember the moment I "found out" I just always knew, I had tons of books and it was just always part of my story. :) hopefully that helps??

    ReplyDelete