New Here?

New To Our Blog? Start Reading Here!

Monday, October 6, 2014

Week 34: How Are There Still 6 Weeks Left?!

So here we are at 34 weeks and 2 days.  BGC now weighs about 5.5 lbs. Also, we learned that babies born between 34 and 37 weeks generally do fine. They may need a short stay in the neonatal nursery and may have a few short-term health issues, but in the long run, they usually do as well as full-term babies! So 34 weeks makes us feel like we've crossed a major hurtle. We have another growth ultrasound next Monday and if they say she may come early (due to size/growth) I will give up Nutella for a week...a month! Who am I kidding, I could never give up Nutella.

As I've said before, I'm ready to give birth- or rather I'm ready to be done with pregnancy.  Don't get me wrong, it's a blessing. But so is the ability to stand up without looking like you're doing that scene from "The Matrix".  Meg very lovingly reminds me that we're not quite there yet and the longer BGC cooks the better, but the idea of going past 40 weeks makes me want to cry like a TV evangelist.
What It's Like When People Remind
You There's Still 5-6 Weeks to Go
How Kate Felt When We Hit October
& We're About a Month Away!
We saw Nurse Judy today and all looks good.  I've only been experiencing the feeling of a boulder 
sitting on my pelvic floor and rapid heart rate so no major concerns. No really, apparently that's normal. I even lost another pound.  Ice Cream Diet, you are magical.  Judy was able to feel that BGC is still in the head down position and was able to feel her head and neck through my skin <insert Meg's grossed out face>.  Judy said it's common to feel totally DONE at this point, but that we should focus on fun things like buying onesies.  Oh Nurse Jude- you should not say such things.
Give Us All the Onesies
With Animals On the Butt!

No comments:

Post a Comment