Well folks, we're more than halfway there (assuming baby Curtis takes after her non-bio mom and arrives on time or a little early- Kate was over a week late...). We're over the hump! The first couple of months went by super slowly, but the last few have flown by.
We don't really have too much to report, which I suppose is good news. Here are some quick updates:
1. We've now had two 18 week ultrasounds (one at 19 weeks, one at 21 weeks) and baby girl is still enjoying her comfy position facing backwards which makes it impossible for the ultrasound tech to get all the measurements she needs. The tech was able to get all but two views last time, and everything looks good.We go in for ultrasound #3 next week, so hopefully she'll cooperate this time. Not that we're complaining about getting to see our baby every two weeks...
|When you first feel the baby kick|
2. Kate has been feeling the baby move for several weeks now, but I finally got to feel a tiny little movement the other day- very exciting! It was just the tiniest little swell, which from the inside apparently feels like a kick. I guess a one pound human's kick is not going to feel like much through amniotic fluid and all that other stuff (*science!*).
3. Kate has "popped" and is pretty pregnant looking. Even though Kate has been losing weight (for real),she's having a hard time fitting into a lot of her per-pregnancy clothes (mostly the shirts don't come down far enough).
And she's having a hard time sleeping at night because...well...she's pregnant! No position seems comfortable.
4. We got a TON of hand-me-down baby clothes from friends and family over the last couple of weeks, which I've organized with military precision, of course. This little girl has more clothes than I do, and they're much cuter. I'm partial to these ridiculous legging with built-in tutu:
We're very grateful for all of the hand-me-down clothes and gear, but we're especially excited to see baby girl Curtis wear some of the same outfits we loved when her older cousins Reese and Kalli wore them! Oh, the photo ops.
5. I (Meg) have become obsessed with the nursery. I guess it's my way of being involved with the pregnancy...but I also just love to organize. Thinking about how to best fit a million onesies into our small dresser and where to store the diaper supplies in a closet that is barely deep enough to hold regular hangs is actually fun for me. I know, it's a sickness. It's just starting to come together, but we have purchased a rug, curtains and a ridiculously cute lamp. We'll do a whole post on the nursery at some point.
6. Last, but certainly not least, we have two wonderful groups of friends and family throwing us baby showers in September (thanks, guys!!) so we finally finalized the registry. It's kind of a relief to stop worrying about which car seat or high chair or stroller is just right. We must have changed our minds about what we wanted at least 3 times. Everyone we talk to about baby gear offers very thorough information...that almost
always directly conflicts with what the last person told us! Now that it's out there and public, we're done! Is it what it is, and I'm sure it will be great.