New Here?

New To Our Blog? Start Reading Here!

Friday, July 25, 2014

Week 23- "Maybe she'll look like you!"

(words by Meg. Gifs by Kate)

Yesterday we had our 3rd try at the anatomy scan ultrasound which is usually completed at week 18. Baby Girl was still not psyched about flipping over for the tech, but she finally did and we got nice clear pictures of her perfect heart! Phew. We also had the tech confirm that it's a girl because I had a friend tell me her ultrasound tech was WRONG! Surprise!

We are pretty sure this little lady is going to be a piece of work. So far she's refused twice (almost three times!) to comply with the ultrasound tech's wishes and she regularly keeps Kate awake in the middle of the night by kicking endlessly. I can hear my father's voice now: "just wait until you have a child to drive you crazy like you drove me crazy!" Dad, I think you will not have to wait very much longer.



We also had a check-in after the ultrasound with our NP Judy who is just the absolute best person ever. She gives hugs! I love it. And thank goodness for her because our doctor is leaving the practice in August and the other doctor at the practice is leaving in October so...Judy will be our only constant through this pregnancy. Anyway, everything looks good, but for a variety of reasons we will now be having monthly ultrasounds to check the baby's growth and bi-weekly check-ins through 32 weeks, at which point we'll have weekly check-ins. Scheduling all of those appointments was not for the faint of heart! What was most surprising was how soon we will be at 32 weeks! Yikes. (I'll just leave it at that.)
Pregnancy Movin' Right Along
Now for a Friday laugh...I was having a conversation about the ultrasound with a very lovely co-worker of mine, who surely meant well, but....

Co-worker: So did you find out if it's a girl or a boy?
Meg: It's a girl!
Co-worker: Ohhh I hope she's blonde! Blonde babies are so cute. (she leans closer to look at my eyes) Is your wife blonde? And are her eyes blue too?
Meg: No, Kate has brown hair and brown eyes.
Co-worker: Well then it's a toss up! She could be blonde like you or have brown hair like Kate!
Hmm. I'm thinking she might need a lesson about how babies are made. (Also possibly a lesson about hair dye because...(shhh, don't tell anyone)...I'm not really this blonde.)

Next up: The nursery "before" pictures and a plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment