New Here?

New To Our Blog? Start Reading Here!

Sunday, December 8, 2013

It's All Sequins & Legs In the Air: Surviving the Two Week Wait

veep
I now get the things my friends talked about when they were trying to conceive.  I understand how it seemed perfectly rational to "feel" something 24 hours after being inseminated. Medically impossible?  Yes.  But you know what?  So was Michael Jackson's nose and that was a real thing.  You spend a lot of time kind of wanting to do this for the next 2 weeks.

You start to count down each day even though you already know how many days are left.  You try to avoid the internet, but I work
when harry met sally
on the internet all day.  And you swear you feel something that might be a pregnancy symptom. Then you google it and you go down a spiral surrounded by other women online that post things like "10 days past ovulation and I think I feel a kick." Or you're constantly (secretly) testing your boobs for sensitivity, which makes you look like a self-stroking 80s band serenader.  As I write this I'm on calendar day 7 which is the beginning of the window to see implantation, which is the very early stage at which the embryo adheres to the wall of the uterus (sorry male readers, but we're trying to educate on this blog in between gif parties).
pregnancy, baby names
And then you start to get ahead of yourself.

the grinch, jim carrey
In the meantime I just need to keep busy.  I, personally, can't stop crafting.  No.  Seriously.  It's a problem.

when harry met sally, meg ryan, billy crystal
arts and crafts, easy holiday crafts, christmas crafts

1 comment: