New Here?

New To Our Blog? Start Reading Here!

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Week 10: Cravings & the Ickies

Week 10 kids.  
Although he/she is the size of a date -- an inch and a half long, from head to bottom -- and weighs less than a quarter of an ounce, the baby now has completed the most critical portion of its development. This is the beginning of the fetal period, a time when the tissues and
organs in the body rapidly grow and mature. If we could take a peek inside the womb, you'd spot minute details, like tiny nails forming on fingers and toes (no more webbing) and peach-fuzz hair beginning to grow on tender skin.

Nausea and exhaustion keep rearing their ugly heads and I'm counting down the days until 2nd trimester when, apparently, we enter the pregnancy promise land- no nausea, more energy, and starting to look as pregnant as I feel.

Meg has been super supportive of me during "icky times", "sleepy times" and "bitchy times"- mostly when she plans a meal and I can't stomach it and then can't tell her what I want.  But I do have cravings.  Cheeseburgers.  Ice cream.  Bananas.  I really miss having caffeine.  And I'm sure I'm going to get weird looks when I get my venti decaf iced coffee... cream, 1 splenda because who really likes the taste of straight coffee anyway?





I started to miss booze recently for the first time- mostly because it's getting warmer outside and all I want to do is sit outside with the biggest glass of white wine in the land.




And someone recently asked me about our birth plan...




I plan on asking for any and all drugs, legal otherwise, and then telling them to squeeze me like a Crest tube.  Bravo to the women who go the natural route and want to "feel" the joy.  You enjoy that.







1 comment:

  1. After studying your article you have to understand what I actually have written here. dr. ryan shephard This one is being written once you have a proposal from you.

    ReplyDelete